How to install react native
Hello All, In this topic we will see how to install react native & start the mobile application development using react native. Before installation we need to understand What is react native ? & What are the advantages of react native applications ? So, let’s start
What is react native ?
What are the advantages of React Native application?
- As it uses native functionality complex coding & design is possible
- Faster & Smoother application can develop
- Developed & Maintain by Facebook
- Make sure you have installed Java JDK, Android SDK & Node JS
- Open command prompt in administrative mode & write the following command
npm install -g create-react-native-app
- Go to workspace( Any folder where you want to create a new project ) in CLI & write create-react-native-app ReactNativeTutorial & press enter then it will ask you following question
- How would you like to start ?
- => Select Default new app
- => Click enter
- This above steps will create the react native project for you. After that write below command install the react native CLI
npm install -g react-native-cli
- Write below command to start the application
After writing above command in CLI you can able to see the react native logo. If you able to see this logo then your installation steps are correct.
- To run the application in android device Or in emulator then write the following command
Follow this above steps & you will successfully able to install & run the application in react native. In next tutorial we will see How to run react native application in browser. Stay tuned for more react native tutorials.